- [NEW] You can get Nero products from Windows Store now. Open “Extra” screen, find Nero in Windows Store.
- Fix issue to improve the application’s stability.
Recently, Nero Start supplied an online update for Nero 2019, Nero Platinum Suite and Nero 2020 products. After the online update, Nero 2019 users can also benefit from some of the advantages that Nero 2020 users like using the AI Photo Tagger and logging in to the Nero Account to manage all Nero products.
These are the steps for a non-subscription user to get access to the latest Nero Start, even without a Nero Account.
During the 1st time launch of Nero Start, the application will help you to configure your software with the Nero Account. If the software detects that you are not a Nero Platinum 2019 Subscription user, an additional entry point will appear in the bottom of the screen. Click the link to skip the registration process.
Everything works the same as in the previous Nero Start. Each Nero application has a startup button that will start up the application by clicking it. You can also switch buttons to search use cases of Nero applications, Nero Mobile apps, or preview video with Movie Themes.
If you would like to create a Nero Account later, you can register by clicking on the “account” button in the top right corner.
While in the Nero Start startup wizard, you can also create a Nero Account. Input an email address and the Nero Account System will check if it is a valid account already exists and allow to sign in or guide you to register a new account.
After entering the password which was sent to your email address via the Nero Account System, you can finish creating a new Nero Account.
In next screen, you can enter the Activation Code to unlock your other Nero Products, for example Nero Platinum 2020, Nero Burning ROM 2020. If you do not have any valid Activation Code, just click the “Skip for now” to skip this step. Without any Activation Code, you still can use your own Nero 2019 products as usual.
The activation code is not the same as Nero Serial Number which you got for Nero 2019 products. Entering any serial number will produce an error message.
You are also able to click the link to purchase a full version copy of Nero Platinum Suite.
Also for Nero Platinum 2019 subscription users, after signing into the Nero Account, an In-App notification will help you to upgrade the product to the latest Nero Platinum Suite, that always supplies the newest features, product improvements, quality improvements and bugs fix. (The Nero Account for Nero Platinum 2019 Subscription users was already created while ordering the product in Nero Online Shop. It is the same email address used to receive the delivery information of the purchase.)
Visit the below FAQs to get more information about Nero Account and Nero Start.
Nero KnowHow 00207
If you own a valid Nero Platinum 2019 Subscription, you are eligible to get the latest Nero Platinum Suite applications.
1. Go to the website www.nero.com, and navigate to the download page.
2. In the download page, click the download button under the product “Nero Platinum Suite”, Enter your email and download the latest Nero Platinum Suite installer.
3. After downloading the Nero Platinum Suite installer successfully, you can run the installer to finish the upgrade.
4. After the whole installation is finished, launch Nero Start, and sign in to your Nero Account to unlock the upgrades. For detailed information on how to sign in, please refer to the FAQ “How do I create a Nero Account?” and “What is a Nero Account? What can I do with my Nero Account?”.
1. Update Nero Start to the latest version (this version supports the Nero Account).
If you enable auto updates for Nero Products during installation, Nero Start will auto update to the latest version or notify you whenever a new update is available. If you disable the auto update for Nero products, you can check manually if there is any update for your Nero Products
After updating to the latest Nero Start, you can sign in to your Nero Account, and get the latest information and support from Nero. However, you can continue to use your own Nero Platinum 2019 Subscription applications without signing in to your Nero Account
2. Launch Nero Start, sign in to your Nero Account to unlock the upgrades. If you already are a Nero Platinum Suite (Nero Platinum 2019 Subscription User), the email address used to order the product online is your Nero Account. If you are not sure about the password of the account, just click the link “Request password again” to resend the password to unlock the account.
For more detailed information, please refer to the FAQ
3. After your account is unlocked, you will see the Start screen. At the same time, if the software detects that a new version of Nero Platinum Suite is available, Nero Start will inform you. Click the button “Yes” to start downloading the latest version.
The latest upgrades and update checks are only available to you after signing in to your Nero Account .
4. After the download, launch the installer to install/upgrade your subscription.
5. After the installation is finished, restart Nero Start to enjoy your product.
If you are not sure about the details of your Nero Account, Activation Code, please refer to the below FAQs:
Nero KnowHow 00204
You can enjoy your benefits of your product or subscription after signing in to your Nero Account. If you are experiencing connectivity issues, however, the following screen will occur:
Please follow these steps in order to solve this issue.
Take Windows 10 as an example. Click or tap the Start button and then the Settings shortcut on the left (it looks like a cogwheel). Then click “Network & Internet”, in the Status tab, it will show your Network Status. If it shows “Not connected” this means that the computer is not connected to the Internet. Then you need to first check your network connection and settings of the router, or even call your ISP.
After your network is connected, you can access the website www.nero.com or other websites to make sure your computer is connected to the Internet.
In computer networking, a proxy server is a server application or appliance that acts as an intermediary for requests from clients seeking resources from servers that provide those resources. You can check your Network Proxy Setting from Settings -> Network & Internet -> Proxy. For most cases, you do not need to adjust the network proxy settings.
By default, Nero Start will automatically apply the system network proxy setting if they exist. In most cases, if your web browser can access the Internet after you have set the network proxy, Nero Start can access the Nero Account service, too.
For some special purposes, some software will build a local network proxy server, and apply new or change the Windows network proxy settings after the software startup. Usually such local network proxy uses the local IP address “127.0.0.1”. Below is an example for network proxy settings that are modified with a local address. Such proxy may affect the network connection which causes Nero Start to have network connectivity errors.
To resolve this issue, you can follow the below instructions:
* If you are sure about which software will apply/modify the Windows Network Proxy settings, then close the function or exit the application and resume to previous network proxy setting. Take “Video Downloader Ultimate” for example: Click the app icon in the right-bottom task area. In the pop up dialog, click the switch to resume the network proxy settings. You can still enable the network proxy setting if you want to enable the functional.
* If you are sure about the network proxy setting, then just close the network proxy settings or update the network proxy settings as needed.
* In the latest Nero Start, you are also available to set and apply individual network proxy settings in the application.
Click the menu Support -> Network settings or the hyperlink in the pop up warning dialog. The Nero Start network settings window will appear.
|Network proxy settings||Nero Start Behavior|
|No proxy||No proxy settings applied in Nero Start|
|Automatically detect settings (Recommended)||Apply the current Windows System network proxy settings to Nero Start.
Note: If you are not sure about the network proxy, please select this.
|Use manual proxy||Apply specified network proxy setting to Nero Start
– Proxy IP: The IP address of the network proxy server
– Port: The port of the network proxy server
– User name: The user name used to authenticate and access the network proxy server.
– Password: The password used to authenticate and access the network proxy server
Note: Leave user name and password empty if no authentication is needed.
Before saving the Nero Start network proxy setting, you can also click the button “Test” to verify the connection in Nero Start.
Note: in some conditions, you still need to restart Nero Start to apply the network proxy setting.
You may have installed some anti-virus software or network firewall software, some of which might block network connections in Nero Start.
Take the Windows Defender Firewall for example. Search for “Windows Defender Firewall” in the Windows 10 Search bar and open the Windows Defender Firewall configurations
In the Outbound Rules tab, check if there are any rules blocking Nero Start to connect to the Internet. Delete any such rules in order to restore network connectivity of your software.
Nero KnowHow 00205
If you did not purchase the Nero Platinum Suite directly from Nero (Amazon, eBay, Software Store, or similar), you will receive an activation code in your product packaging. Once you have created a Nero Account, you can redeem your activation code.
Redeem the activation code after registering your Nero account
After registering a Nero Account in Nero Start for the first time, you will be taken to a page where you can enter your activation code and unlock your software.
Once you have logged in to Nero Start, you can add additional products with their activation codes under “Account Settings” -> “My Products”.
Nero KnowHow 00190