In Nero Start, have you logged in with your Nero Account correctly? If you bought Nero product via Nero.com, you need to log in with the email address which you entered during purchase. If you log in with other email, you could not unlock your Nero product. See how to log in here.
If you have already log in correctly with your Nero Account, but Nero is still a Trial. In this case, the reason is what you bought is Nero Platinum 2021 permanent license (‘pay once, forever use’ version), but what you installed is 1-year license subscription version. Please follow below steps:
1. Go to Windows Control Panel -> Program and Features. Is there Nero Platinum? If yes, please uninstall it.
2. Restart your PC as soon as uninstallation finished.
3. Download Nero 2021 Unlimited to your PC: https://www.nero.com/download.php?id=npla2021_full_installer
4. Close all Nero program which is running on your PC. Turn off anti-virus software temporarily. Install with the offline installer.
5. After installation, please run Nero Start, login with your email and password
6. After activate your Nero 2021, please continue to download and install 3 Content Packs if they are not installed yet. They could be installed in any order:
The recommended way to restore a backup done with a previous version of Nero BackItUp is to install this particular version again and to use it for the restore. This approach ensures maximum compatibility and highest success rates. Older versions of the software can be downloaded here: https://www.nero.com/eng/downloads/previous-versions/
Additionally you will need your serial key to enable the software. You might still have it on your PC, in your emails or on the CD/DVD cover of a previous purchase.
If the above doesn’t work in your case, there are another two options.
To differentiate between the two, please make sure to have enabled file name extensions in your Windows Explorer.
Go to “Windows Explorer”
Make sure the checkbox beside “File name extensions” is checked.
Now your backup files will have a dot and a three letter extension at the end. e.g. MyBackup.nco.
When purchasing the Platinum Suite, your Nero Account is automatically created based on the email address you entered during online purchase.
Once your order is complete, you will receive product information email with your password which is an 8 bit code, like this:
How to activate the 8-bit code:
Open Nero Start
Enter the same email adress you entered during the purchase. If you did not receive the email with your password, please also check your spam folder. If you already have a Nero account, use it to sign in or reset your password. Go back to the login screen to sign in.
Enter the 8-bit code you received in the email to login.
When the login was successfull your software is unlocked automatically. It starts to run.
Note: You don’t need to enter a serial number anymore.