Sure, this works comfortably via Nero Receiver App within your home network.
With Nero Receiver you can play videos, photos, and music located on your PC via WiFi straight on your tablet or smartphone and control playback functions comfortably via your mobile device.
Nero Receiver is compatible to many UPnP / DLNA media servers like Windows Media Player®, Cyberlink Power DVD®, Nero MediaHome®, and more.
What benefits do I have with Nero Receiver?
- Play videos, photos, and music located on your PC on your tablet in the garden or anywhere in your house
- Play music playlists from your PC on your snmartphone
- Watch photos and slideshows located on your PC comfortably on your couch
- Control media playback via Start, Stop, Pause on the mobile device
In Combination with Nero MediaHome on your PC, Nero Receiver even extends its functions:
- Navigation functions: play single videos or several videos in sequnce, and make use of previous title/next title
- Via search function jump to any place withing your movie
- Play Nero MediaHome design slideshows with effect designs, intro, outro, titles, and matching music
This is how you use Nero Receiver via Nero MediaHome
- Open Nero MediaHome on your PC
- Select the “Play To“ button presenting the active device list
- Select your tablet/smartphone from this list
- Select a video, photo, slideshow, or a music playlist in Nero MediaHome
- Click on the play button in Nero MediaHome
- Your mobile device will load and immediately play your selection
- Via play control in Nero Receiver use Pause, Start, Stop, previous/next Title
This is how you use Nero Receiver via Windows Media Player®
- Select a file via Windows Explorer
- Right click on the chosen file and select “Play to device”, then select “Nero Receiver”
- Your selected video will show as thumbnail within the streaming playlist window and autoplay once loaded
- If you selected several videos as a playlist Nero Receiver will play them sequentially
- Full navigation controls Start/Stop/Pause/previous/next Title will only be available in Windows MediaPlayer Streaming window
- Within Nero Receiver you can use Play/Pause/Stop
Before you can do media streaming via Windows Media Player® you need to activate media streaming under “Windows Control Panel“, once:
- Open “Windows Control Panel” and type “Media” into the search field top right
- Click on “Media Streaming Options” (located directly under “Network and Sharing Services”)
- Activate media streaming via clicking on the respective button
- Personalise streaming options to your needs
Nero KnowHow 00057